Market Research Enhances Nurse Recruitment for the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC), ranked the “Best Rehabilitation Hospital in America” by U.S. News & World Report, every year since 1991.
RIC, like all other healthcare providers, was facing the impact of a severe nursing shortage. RIC believed that to most effectively attract and retain nurses, it needed to conduct research to understand nurses’ career motivations, needs and expectations, and perceptions of rehabilitation nursing.
Working closely with RIC’s senior management, L. Stern & Associates did the following:
• Created Discussion Guides to effectively get at the required information.
• Coordinated recruitment of the focus groups.
• Conducted focus groups.
• Provided recommendations on most attractive segments to target, and the employment packages and messages most likely to entice them.
The engagement has produced the following results:
• Tailored employment packages to appeal to the different needs of new graduates, nearly new grads and experienced nurses
• A multi-media campaign with the appropriate key messages directed to the targeted segments
• Increase in referrals from existing staff
• More effective recruitment, with 40% of current staff recruited based on research
• Significant reductions in vacancy rates and time to fill positions
“L. Stern & Associates provided important and actionable insights that became the foundation for our highly successful integrated nurse recruitment campaign. The project came in on time and on budget, and we have since used L. Stern & Associates for other projects.”
Marietta L. Parenti, Vice President, Marketing and Public Relations
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
For more information on how L. Stern & Associates can mean more business for you,
call us at 847/205-1936, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org